so let them stand till the next day, then heat the Syrup again and pour over them, so do till you see they are very clear, every day do so till the Syrup be very thick, and then lay them out in a Stove to dry.Orange or Limon Chips Old Elizabethan Dessert Recipe
The above Old dessert recipe for Orange or Limon Chips is written in totally different way to today's recipe books.
- There were no lists of ingredients - these were included as part of the text
- Food and ingredient measurements were extremely basic - quantities were not often specified.
- Temperature control was difficult and therefore not specified.
- Cooking times were vague - and left to the cook to decide.
- It was assumed that the reader would already have some knowledge of cooking
Elizabethan Era - Free Educational Resource. Author Referencing Information
The contents of www.elizabethan-era.org.uk are subject to Copyright Laws - the name of the Website Author is Linda Alchin. The referencing protocol is suggested as follows:
e.g. Retrieved Aug 1 2016 from www.elizabethan-era.org.uk