You may at some time stick it with Candied Orange Pill or Limon Pill, or Eringo Roots Candied, you may sometimes strew on some Caraway Comfits, and if you will bake it, then put in some Marrow, and some Dates cut small: thus you have many Puddings taught in one.
Green Pudding Old Elizabethan Dessert Recipe
The above Old dessert recipe for Green Pudding is written in totally different way to today's recipe books.
- There were no lists of ingredients - these were included as part of the text
- Food and ingredient measurements were extremely basic - quantities were not often specified.
- Temperature control was difficult and therefore not specified.
- Cooking times were vague - and left to the cook to decide.
- It was assumed that the reader would already have some knowledge of cooking
Elizabethan Era - Free Educational Resource. Author Referencing Information
The contents of www.elizabethan-era.org.uk are subject to Copyright Laws - the name of the Website Author is Linda Alchin. The referencing protocol is suggested as follows:
e.g. Retrieved Aug 1 2016 from www.elizabethan-era.org.uk